Some of our company’s experience includes the following:
Mining Projects – Surface and Underground:
- Transformer protection
- Extraction Plants (SX Plants)
- Bulk fuel storage areas
- Underground mining areas, such as workshops etc.
- Hydraulic pack protection
- Conveyor protection (Surface and Underground)
- Generator Sets
- Fuel tank farms
- Fuel pumping & Loading Bays
- Turbine Halls and Under floor turbines
- Seal oil and Lube oil
- Shopping Centres
- High Rise buildings
- Production and Manufacturing facilities
Detection and Suppression:
- Server Rooms
- Office blocks
- Strong rooms
- MCC substations
Types of systems utilized for the above protection include:
- Fixed Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Automatic Deluge systems (Medium and High Velocity Nozzles)
- Foam Water Sprinkler and Deluge Systems
- Smoke detection and fire alarms
- Gaseous extinguishing systems
- Piping Installations and reticulation
- Fire hydrants, hose reels, and fire extinguisher
- Water and foam monitors
- Fire pump installations and Water Storage Reservoirs
KRS Fire is listed with the Automatic Sprinkler Inspection Bureau (ASIB) as both a recognised National Supervising Special Risks Installer and a Supervising Sprinkler Installer and we are a member of the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association). We are therefore able to design and install systems that are compliant with the latest ASIB, SANS, NFPA and FM Global requirements. Fire and smoke detection and gas suppression systems are a key component to our installations and will be designed and installed to the relevant SANS or NFPA codes of practise.
All our offered fire protection equipment is listed or approved by either FM, UL or SABS.
Our Chairman, Mr Reg Smith was the founding member and CEO of Pyrotechnic (Pty) Ltd which operated as a design service and consultancy for the fire protection industry.
In 2001, Mr Reg Smith teamed up with one of the largest fire protection companies to run the special risks division as the chief operations officer.